A lasting way to provide for the protection of the Wallkill Valley region’s extraordinary natural beauty is to include the Wallkill Valley Land Trust in your estate plans.
The term “planned giving” refers to charitable gifts that require some planning before they are made. Most donors who pledge support to us will make gifts of cash (checks and credit card charges) or marketable securities, but other options include:
- Include the Trust in your will
- Name the Trust a beneficiary of your IRA, 401k, and 503b plan
- Give appreciated stocks and bonds, or mutual fund shares and realize larger tax savings
- Give from an IRA (QCD = qualified charitable distribution)
- Donate property and get a tax break
Depending on how you arrange your planned gift, it will have distinct tax, financial, and charitable benefits. You should consult with your advisors, both financial and legal, to determine what is right for you.
For more information about how to include the Wallkill Valley Land Trust in your estate plan, reach out to our office to set an appointment with our planning giving expert – contact the office.